There are literally hundreds of different types of home decor lighting available. The problem being is many are so different or so similar that it can be difficult to categorize them effectively. What we do know is that choosing the best home decor lighting can make a house stand out and shine, or choosing the wrong types can have your house looking disjointed and cluttered. So, it is paramount that you choose the best ones, to fit, suit and give your house a vibrant look.
1. Ambient lights – It is not direct light, but it lighting that gives the atmosphere to a room. Whether it is ground level, hidden, up-lighters or just giving a glow, this type of home decor lighting is vital to give your house a mood.
2. Accent lighting – Down-lighters, spotlights and lens type display lights give the edge to areas of visual interest. Highlight your favorite furniture or object with wonderful illumination.
3. Standard or table – Floor lamps are the stable mate of lighting. Tall, short, chunky or slim, whichever you choose, it can lift the rooms feel. Be critical in choosing the lamp-shade, which can make or break a room.
4. Wall Lights – Similar to ambient lights, this type of home decor lighting is good for bold statements, decoration and style without the glare and piercing shine which some bulbs can give.
5. Chandeliers and Ceiling Illumination – Perfect for dining rooms, studies and anywhere which has a very decorative nature. No home would be complete without a chandelier or two.
6. Recessed Lights – Sunken lights are a new phase of illumination which adds a special feeling, without glare or harshness and really add to the mood of a room or hallway.